I am the only candidate who will put the interests of employees and retirees – the CalPERS members – first.
That’s what I’ve done for 25 years as a union member, union leader and a founder of Californians for Retirement Security, the broad coalition formed in 2005 to fight back against the nonstop attacks on public employees and our pensions.
I was on the front lines opposing Governor Wilson’s raids on CalPERS, strongly backed Prop. 162 (The Pension Protection Act), and have spoken out repeatedly in the media against the countless anti-pension ballot proposals we’ve faced.
I will lead the fight to:
- Protect and defend our defined benefit pensions from attacks.
- Ensure high quality, affordable health care – including affordable long-term care.
- Restore integrity and transparency at CalPERS.
- Put employees and retirees – CalPERS members – first.
Leaders and Organizations You Know and Trust Support David Miller
- John Chiang, California State Treasurer
- Betty Yee, California State Controller
- Michael Bilbrey, CalPERS BoardAFSCME California People
- AFSCME Council 57
- Association of California State Supervisors (ACSS)
- Cal Fire Local 2881
- California Association of Highway Patrolmen (CAHP)
- California Association of Professional Scientists (CAPS)
- California Association of Psychiatric Technicians (CAPT)
- California Attorneys, Administrative Law Judges, and
Hearing Officers in State Employment (CASE)
- California Correctional Peace Officers Association (CCPOA)
- California Faculty Association
- California Federation of Teachers
- California-Nevada Conference of Operating Engineers
- California Professional Firefighters (CPF)
- California School Employees Association
- California State Retirees
- California State University Employee Union/SEIU 2579
- California Teachers Association
- California Teamsters Public Affairs Council
- Local 21, Professional & Technical Engineers (IFPTE/AFL-CIO)
- Operating Engineers Local 3
- Operating Engineers Local 12
- Operating Engineers Local 39
- Operating Engineers Local 501
- Organization of SMUD Employees
- Professional Engineers in California Government (PECG)
- SEIU 1000
- SEIU 1021
- SEIU 521
- SEIU 99
- SEIU California
- Teamsters Joint Council 7 and 42
- Union of American Physicians and Dentists
I hope to earn your vote.